From Ross-Tech Wiki
00297 - Gearbox Speed Sensor (G38)
00297 - Gearbox Speed Sensor (G38): No Signal
- Wiring/Connectors faulty
- Water damage at connector
- Transmission Vehicle Speed Sensor (G38) faulty
- Check Wiring/Connectors
- Check Transmission Vehicle Speed Sensor (G38)
- See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
- When found in the 4-Speed Automatic Transmission (01M) transmission:
- Check for any applicable TSBs for overlay wiring harnesses as mentioned on the 01M page.
- The terminal connectors for the G38 and G68 are the same and can be mixed up. This can give an "Implausible Signal". Verify sensors have the correct connectors using the wiring diagram and TSBs mentioned on the 01M page.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this site is Copyright © 2000-2010 by Ross-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
"VCDS" is a Registered Trademark of Ross-Tech, LLC.
Ross-Tech is not affiliated with the Volkswagen Group in any way.