From Ross-Tech Wiki
01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted
01539 - Headlights Not Adjusted: No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
- Headlight Adjustment disabled
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
- Headlight Adjustment not performed
- Aftermarket Suspension installed (i.e. lowered Suspension)
- Level Sensor Readings out of Range
- Level Sensor(s) faulty
- Level Sensor Mounting damaged/faulty
- Perform Headlight Adjustment
- See Vehicle specific Diagnostic Procedures for Details
- Check Level Sensors
- Check Level Sensor Mounting
- If Headlight Adjustment (Basic Setting) fails, check Level Sensors.
- Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) if Level Sensor Readings within Specification.
- When stored in combination with 01537, fix that one first.
- There have been reports of lowered vehicles displaying an error message in Basic Settings due to incorrect level sensor readings. If the vehicle height sensor(s) are bottomed out, it may be necessary to modify the sensor bracket to allow normal adjustment to occur. Check to make sure that the sensor arms do not have their pivots facing the wrong direction as shown in this Mk5 platform VW thread: [VW Vortex]