From Ross-Tech Wiki
03389 - Data Set Implausible
- Control module was replaced
- An online connection with the manufacture is required for Parameterization via the SVM (Software Version Management).
- Parameterization refers to data written into the control unit by the SVM function (Software Version Management) to customize the software functionality for the specific vehicle or country of operation.
- Often referred to as the “calibration data”, it is necessary Parameterization is performed anytime there is missing or invalid data-set fault codes and/or it is suggested by SVM test plan to ensure the proper functionality of the control unit.
- Not all control units are parameterized by SVM.
- Parameterization MUST BE PERFORMED to ensure the control unit will function properly in the vehicle!