From Ross-Tech Wiki
16891/P0507/001287 - Idle Control System RPM: Higher than Expected.
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) active
- Throttle Valve Control Module (J338) dirty/faulty
- Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
- Vacuum Leak
- Check Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
- Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Throttle Valve Control Module (J338)
- Check Intake System for Leaks
- When found in the NAR 2.0T (BPY) check RVUTB: 01-09-03 or 2018919 for updated Crankcase Breather Valve
- If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.
- When found in NAR (North American Region) 2011-2014 Jetta, Golf, Passat and New Beetle vehicles with 2.5L engine codes CBTA and CBUA see TSB 01-14-23 -or- TPI 2034012. When applicable, DTCs P050A, P0507 and P0106 are resolved after flash updating the Engine controller.