From Ross-Tech Wiki
17114/P0730/001840 - Gear Ratio Monitoring: Incorrect Gear Ratio
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Transmission Fluid contaminated
- Transmission faulty (Mechanical Problem)
- Check Transmission Fluid (Color and Contamination)
- Replace Transmission Fluid when necessary
- Check Transmission Mechanics
- Transmission Damage may be caused by Engine Problems, make sure there are no other/relevant Fault Codes stored in Engine Control Module.
- When found in 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (01J/Multitronic):
- Instructions on how to check the Transmission Fluid as well as Details on a special Test Kit can be found in TPI 2016661. TPI 2006088 may also be relevant.
- A conversion from 6 to 7 Clutch Plates may be possible. See TPI 2004856 for Details.
- When found in A4/A6/A8/S6/RS6/S8 models with the 09L, 09E or 0B6 transmission that have DTCs: P0730, P2700, P2701, P2702, and P2703:
- RoW (Rest of World) Market customers can see TPI 2020766 which pertains to slippage due to the ATF filter.
- NAR (North American Region) Market customers can see TPI 2021292