From Ross-Tech Wiki
17953/P1545/005445 - Throttle Valve Controller: Malfunction
- Increased Idle Speed
- Bucking at Load Change
- Throttle Body dirty
- Throttle Body Wiring faulty
- Throttle Body faulty
- Obstructions in intake air passages
- Clean Throttle Body
- Check Throttle Body Wiring
- Check Throttle Body
- Check for any obstructions in the intake air path. Including but not limited to the air box inlet, air filter, hoses to/from the MAF and intake manifold in addition to turbocharger (or similar) components when applicable.
- Use Meas. Blocks & Basic Setting for testing
- See Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)
- When found in the 2006 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) VW Jetta,Rabbit, GTI,Passat, Eos with the 2.0l TFSI: (BPY, CCTA and CBFA) check TSB 01-09-04 or 2018652 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body.
- When found in the 2005 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) Audi TT, A3, A4, A6, Q7 with a FSI engine check TSB 97-08-25 or 2018260 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body. (The previous Audi TSB was 90-08-21)