6-Speed Automatic Transmission (AT) - 09E/09L/0AT/0B6 - Adaption and drive sequence
General Information This is a general page that applies to 09E/09L/0AT/0B6 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (AT) transmissions which are Longitudinal mounted in vehicles such as the:
- Audi A4/S4:
- Audi 54/S5:
- 2007+ Audi A5/S5 (8T/FH/FR)
- Audi Q5
- 2008+ Audi Q5 (8R/FP)
- Audi A6
- 2006-2011 Audi A6/S6/RS6/allroad (4F/FB)
- Audi A8
- 2004+ Audi A8/S8 (4E)
- Audi Q7
- 2006+ Audi Q7 (4L/FE)
The TSB/TPI, Adaptation and Measuring Block data we have available at this time is located in this thread. This Wiki page will include additional information at a later point in time.
In the meanwhile, Registered customers seeking assistance can post the complete VCDS Auto-Scan with the vehicle repair history in addition to any vehicle functionality concerns in that thread.
Additional information can be found in the Official Factory Repair Information.
Measuring Blocks related to adaptation information for Clutches A, B, C, D and E can be found in the mentioned thread linked above.
The Basic Setting function is not applicable to this transmission controller.
Adaptation channel 001 is only available in vehicles manufactured after a production split in 2006. Some 2004-2006 model year vehicles may support the Adaptation function after a dealer level flash update has been performed per the applicable TSBs/TPIs which can be located in the Official Factory Repair Information.
Defined Test Drive
Several TSB/TPIs exist for the transmission codes covered. Always check the repair manual for the car in question but this is a (small) list:
- NAR (North American Region) market:
- TSB 37-06-13 | TPI 2013023 appears to be replaced by the following documents however it covered A4, A6, A8 with automatic gearboxes 09L and 09E if you can locate a copy.
- TPI 2028053 applies to 2004-2009 (B7 chassis) Audi A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet (8E/8H) vehicles with the 09L transmission.
- TPI 2028279 applies to 2006+ Audi A6/S6/RS6/allroad (4F/FB) with the 09L transmission.
- TPI 2013023 applies to 2004+ Audi A8/S8 (4E) with the 09E transmission.
- RoW market:
- TPI 2007190 applies to several modules: A4, A6, A8 with automatic gearbox (09L, 09E).
- TPI 2010194 applies to several modules: A4, A6, A8, Q7 with automatic gearbox 09L, 09E or 0AT