Audi A3 (8P) Door Electronics Driver
This page applies to CAN Protocol Address 42- Door Elect, Driver found in Audi (8P/FM) based vehicles using Generation 1 through Generation 3.
- The Generation can be confirmed by looking at the label file field. The following example is from a 2nd Generation (MIN2) module found in a 2006 Audi A3:
Address 42: Door Elect, Driver Labels: 8P0-959-801-MIN2.lbl Part No: 8P0 959 801 H Component: Tuer-SG 020 0070 Coding: 0001177
The coding chart that appears in VCDS will apply to the Generation of the installed control module. The Short Coding is additive, meaning the sum of numbers that represent the installed equipment. This chart can be used as a general guide:
- +0000001 = Rear Lid Remote Unlock Button (E233)
- +0000002 = Ambient Mirror Illumination
- +0000004 = Mirror Turn Signals
- +0000008 = Interior Door Handle Illumination installed
- +0000016 = Automatic Run active
- +0000032 = Mirror Heater installed
- +0000064 = Door Exit/Warning Light installed
- +0000128 = 5-Door Chassis
- +0000256 = Seat Memory installed
- +0000512 = Right Hand Steering
- +0001024 = Safe-Motor not installed
- +0002048 = Pinch Protection inactive
- +0004096 = Folding Mirrors installed (MY 2008+)
When a Generation 1 through Generation 3 module is replaced with the same type:
- Run and save a complete Auto-Scan and save it prior to module removal. See the Online Manual Auto-Scan.
- Code the new module with the Coding from the original module found in the Auto-Scan. Enter non-zero Workshop Code (WSC), Importer and Equipment numbers to prevent rejected coding and DTCs such as 01042.
- Run all of the windows up/down to teach the Pinch Protection limit stops which resolves DTC: 00932
- Clear fault codes verify all functions are working as per design.
- Run and save a final Auto-Scan to confirm fault codes did not return.