Audi A3 (8P) Door Electronics Rear
This page applies to CAN Protocol Address 62-Door, Rear Left and Address 72-Door, Rear Right found in Audi (8P/FM) based vehicles.
- The following examples are from a 2006 Audi A3:
Address 62: Door, Rear Left Labels: 8P4-959-801.lbl Part No: 8P4 959 801 D Component: Tuer-SG 020 0060 Coding: 0001176
Address 72: Door, Rear Right Labels: 8P4-959-802.lbl Part No: 8P4 959 802 D Component: Tuer-SG 020 0060 Coding: 0001176
The coding chart that appears in VCDS will apply to the Generation of the installed control module. The Short Coding is additive, meaning the sum of numbers that represent the installed equipment. This chart can be used as a general guide:
- +0000008 = Interior Door Handle Illumination installed (PR-QQ4/QQ6)
- +0000016 = Automatic Run active
- +0000064 = Door Exit/Warning Light installed (PR-QQ4)
- +0000128 = 5-Door Chassis (PR-0A2)
- +0000256 = Seat Memory
- +0000512 = Right Hand Steering (PR-L0R)
- +0001024 = Safe-Motor not installed (PR-5C1)
- +0002048 = Pinch Protection inactive
- Run and save a complete Auto-Scan and save it prior to module removal. See the Online Manual Auto-Scan.
- Code the new module with the Coding from the original module found in the Auto-Scan. Enter non-zero Workshop Code (WSC), Importer and Equipment numbers to prevent rejected coding and DTCs such as 01042.
- Run all of the windows up/down to teach the Pinch Protection limit stops which resolves DTC: 00932
- Clear fault codes verify all functions are working as per design.
- Run and save a final Auto-Scan to confirm fault codes did not return.