Audi Q7 (4L) Back-Up Camera
- ?0x0xxx: Manufacturer
- 1 = Audi
- x0?0xxx: Trailer & Parking System
- +1 = Trailer Hitch installed
- +2 = Optical Parking System installed
- x0x0?xx: Camera Height
- 0 = Camera Height 1
- 1 = Camera Height 2
- 2 = Camera Height 3
- 3 = Camera Height 4
- 4 = Camera Height 5
- 5 = Camera Height 6
- 6 = Camera Height 7
- 7 = Camera Height 8
- x0x0x??: Model
- 01 = Audi Q7 (4L)
- 02 = Audi A8 (4E) Short Wheel Base
- 03 = Audi A8 (4E) Long Wheel Base
- 04 = Audi A6 (4F) Sedan / Rest of World (RoW)
- 05 = Audi A6 (4F) Wagon/Avant
- 06 = Audi A4 (8K) Sedan
- 08 = Audi A5 (8T) Coupé
- 12 = Audi R8 (42)
- 14 = Audi A6 (4F) Sedan / China (CHN)
- 22351 = Adaptation Enabling (e.g. Back-Up Camera Calibration)
Back-Up Camera Calibration
After performing service work, the calibration has to be performed too. In detail this is the case after:
- Removing and Installing Rear View Camera (R189)
- Replacing Rear View Camera System Control Module (J772)
- after repair work performed on rear lid following an accident
- after a vehicle alignment
- after performing a repair at front or rear axle
- Calibration Device (VAS 6350) and Distance Laser (VAS 6350/2) positioned as described in the factory repair manual.
- Vehicle must be standing on a firm and even surface.
- Make sure no persons are being/working in/on the vehicle while performing the calibration.
- Do not move the vehicle and do not operate the vehicle doors while performing the calibration.
- Rear Lid must be closed.
- Front Wheels straight, Steering Angle Sensor (G85) close to 0.0 °.
- Ignition must be ON, Engine must NOT be running, you may connect a charger to keep the system voltage up.
- Back-Up Camera active and the MMI shows Back-Up Camera Video Signal.
- Make sure you do NOT have light reflections on the Calibration Device (VAS 6350).
- For vehicles with Level Control, set the Hight to automatic.
[6C - Back-Up Camera]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 22351, to enable the adaptation.
[Adaptation - 10]
500 mm is the basis value of channel 005. Measure the heights between the Calibration Device (VAS 6350) and the surface (e.g. 80 mm), add 500 mm to it and enter the final value as new value (e.g. 500 + 80 = 580 mm).
20000 mm is the basis value of channel 004, 3002 mm (wheelbase for Audi Q7 (4L)). Measure the Distance between the Calibration Device (VAS 6350) and the rear axle (e.g. 1500 mm), and subtract it from 20000 mm minus 3002 mm enter the final value as new value (e.g. 20000 - 3002 - 1500 = 15498 mm).
To save your above adaptation save a new value of 1 to channel 001.
[Done, Go Back]
Now double check the calibration status.
[Meas. Blocks - 08]
Block 130 Field 3 (Calibration Status)
Specification: 0x0000 (Calibration Successful)
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]