From Ross-Tech Wiki
P1888 - Coolant shut-off valve: Short circuit to B+
- Reduced heat output
- Stalling, no-start, no communication to control module(s)
- Coolant shut-off valve (N82) faulty
- Wiring or power supply to/from N82 faulty
- Check Coolant shut-off valve (N82)
- Check for applicable recalls or TPIs related to N82 failure resulting in coolant migration thorough the N82 solenoid connector resting in destroyed wiring harness(es)
- If coolant migration damaged the wiring harnesses you may find this DTC in conjunction with P2755 or P2753.
- VW RoW market TPI 2043381 pertains to similar DTCs: P1889 and P19A2.
- Although VW does not have a TPI or recall related to N82 failure for this DTC, the following photo is from a 2013 RoW market (5G / Mk7 / MQB) Golf with CHHB 2.0T which destroyed wiring harness and resulted in a no-start: