From Ross-Tech Wiki
01487 - System Function Test
01487 - System Function Test: Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Internal Error in Control Module for Level Control (J197)
- Control Module for Level Control (J197) faulty
- ESP Test Drive Timed Out (need to perform test drive within allowed time limit)
- When found in Audi A8 (4E), this Fault Code can have several different Reasons but by clearing Fault Codes most of those will be reset. Switch OFF the Ignition for 5 Seconds and then switch it back ON again, now clear Fault Codes and re-check for Fault Codes. If no Fault Code remains you are done. If the fault code remains, switch OFF the Ignition for 5 Seconds again and then switch it back ON. Now wait 5 Minutes before re-checking for Fault Codes! If after these 5 Minutes the Fault Code remains you may need to replace the Control Module for Level Control (J197).