From Ross-Tech Wiki
02830 - Control Circuit for CAN Isolator for Driver Assistance Systems
02830 - Control Circuit for CAN Isolator for Driver Assistance Systems: Electrical Fault in Circuit
- Supply Voltage insufficient
- Control Module Coding incorrect
- Incorrect Control Module installed
- Check Control Module Power Supply
- Check Control Module Coding (see Vehicle specific Diagnostic Procedures).
- Check CAN-Databus Powertrain Cut-Off Relay (J788)
- Check Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)
- Perform Output Test and check for an audible noise while the Relay is being actuated.
- Check if Control Module (Part Number) fits the Car's Equipment
- When found in VW Passat (3C): CAN-Gateway:
- If the Car is equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) or other Systems using the Extended CAN-Databus, check Measuring Value Block (MVB) 002.3. The Value should change between active and passive when the Ignition is being cycled.
- If the CAN-Gateway has been replaced, check if Address 4F - Central Electronics II is installed/listed in the Installation List . You may need to update the Gateway [Installation List] to register this Control Module properly.