From Ross-Tech Wiki
16400/P0016/000022 - Bank 1: Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) / Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incorrect Correlation
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Timing Issue
- Camshaft Adjuster
- Check Setting of Timing Belt
- Check Timing of Intake/Exhaust Cams
- Check Cam Adjusters as per Repair Manual
- North American Market (NAR) specific notes:
- When found in 2009 Audi A4, A5 or Q5 with 3.2FSI AVE Engines, please see TSB 15-09-04.
- When found in 2008 and newer VW 2.0T engine with a timing chain (example; CCTA and CBFA), please see:
- TT 01-15-08 for information about the intake camshaft, adjuster bridge and spool valve.
- TSB 15-12-01 or TPI 2028302 for no-start timing chain related problems.
- Audi Volkswagen - 2.0L Chain Drive - P0016 Cam/Crank correlation check
- The photos in this album are from a faulty spool valve (control valve) in a 2012 Jetta with CBFA 2.0T.
- General notes:
- On engines with chain driven intake camshaft(s), but belt driven exhaust camshaft(s), verify the number of chain roller links between the intake and exhaust camshafts is correct. Click on thumbnail to enlarge: