From Ross-Tech Wiki
16505/P0121 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69): Implausible Signal
- MIL on
- Poor engine performance
- Wiring Harness issue
- Failed Throttle Body
- Failed ECM
- Test wiring as per Factory Repair Manual
- For some vehicles, there may be a TPI with instructions on replacing the terminals for the throttle body.
- Some ECMs may have a firmware update to address this issue during cold weather.
- The component identifier G69 may be G187 per the wiring diagrams for the vehicle in question.
- When found in the 2006 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) VW Jetta,Rabbit, GTI,Passat, Eos with the 2.0l TFSI: (BPY, CCTA and CBFA) check TSB 01-09-04 or 2018652 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body.
- When found in the 2005 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) Audi TT, A3, A4, A6, Q7 with a FSI engine check TSB 97-08-25 or 2018260 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body. (The previous Audi TSB was 90-08-21)