From Ross-Tech Wiki
16507/P0123/000291 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69): Signal too High
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- EPC Light On
- Increased Idle Speed
- Bucking at Load Change
- Fuse(s) faulty
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Throttle Position Sensor (G69) faulty
- Throttle Position Sensor(s) Faulty
- Throttle Body dirty
- Throttle Body faulty
- Check Fuse(s)
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Throttle Position Sensor (G69)
- Clean Throttle Body and complete TBA
- Check Throttle Body Wiring
- Check Throttle Body
- Check/Replace Throttle Position Sensor (G69)
- On DBW Vehicles This Includes Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 (G79) and 2 (G185).
- On DBC Vehicles This Includes Throttle Position Sensor G69 and G88.
- See Throttle Body Alignment (TBA)
- Use Meas. Blocks & Basic Setting for testing
- Check for proper seating at the ignition coils.
- When found in the 2006 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) VW Jetta,Rabbit, GTI,Passat, Eos with the 2.0l TFSI: (BPY, CCTA and CBFA) check TSB 01-09-04 or 2018652 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body.
- When found in the 2005 - 2009 NAR (North American Region) Audi TT, A3, A4, A6, Q7 with a FSI engine check TSB 97-08-25 or 2018260 for a wiring repair at the Throttle Body. (The previous Audi TSB was 90-08-21)