From Ross-Tech Wiki
16685/P0301/000769 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
- Ignition system
- Fuel injectors
- Fuel pressure
- Running out of fuel
- EVAP canister purge valve
- Evaporative emission system
- Low compression
- Base engine problems
- Controle Module damaged
- This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.
- When found in 2008-2013 A3, TT and 2009-2013 A4, A5, Q5 and A6 vehicles with the 2,0l TFSI (EA888) engines it maybe necessary to Reset the Misfire Adaptions.
- As per TSB [01 13 73] | TPI  - 01 Engine warning light on after engine replacement EA888 2.0 TFSI
- To Reset Misfire Adaptions: Clear the 01-Engine fault codes three times in a row in less than 29 seconds "to remove the programed values."
- For the Tiguan with the 2.0T DGUE engine that has one or more of the following fault codes, please see TSB 054615 for possible ECM update and hardware update.
- P0172, P0300, P0301, P0302,P0303, P0304, P0441, P0456, P060C, P2440 and/or P2450