From Ross-Tech Wiki
Revision as of 18:01, 24 February 2011 by Jef (Created page with '== 18039/P1631 - Accelerator Position Sensor (G79): Signal too High == ==== Possible Symptoms ==== * Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON * Reduced Engine Output ==== Possibl…')
18039/P1631 - Accelerator Position Sensor (G79): Signal too High
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduced Engine Output
- Wiring Harness from Accelerator Pedal to ECM
- Faulty ECM
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal
- Check Measuring Block Readings for Accelerator Pedal
- Check Voltage Signals from ECM to Throttle Pedal (see factory repair manual)
- Check Wiring and Connectors from Accelerator Pedal to ECM
- Replace Faulty ECM
- Replace Faulty Accelerator Pedal.
- Accelerator Position Sensor faults can be caused by issues with the Oxygen Sensor(s) and it's wiring. Please verify this BEFORE replacing the ECM or Accelerator Pedal. Accelerator Pedal failure is very rare.