From Ross-Tech Wiki
18042/P1634 - Accelerator Position Sensor 2 (G185): Signal too High
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduced Engine Output
- Wiring and/or connections faulty
- Sensor (G185) faulty
- Have a look at the Pedal Position Sensor assembly, not the Throttle Body.
- Check all connections between ECU and accelerator pedal - of course the pedal itself could be defective too.
- There are 2 sensors in the accelerator pedal, both measure the same except that they are working in opposite directions. This means one counts from 0 to 100, while the other one counts from 100 to 0.