From Ross-Tech Wiki
Revision as of 04:55, 2 March 2015 by RtWiKiSyS0p (DTC numbers and page name corrected, general cleanup / re-write)
18995/P2563/009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit: Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) ON
- Power Loss
- Wiring and/or Connections from/to Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
- Engine Control Module (ECM) faulty
- Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
- Binding Issues due to Adjustment/Turbocharger
- Excessive Carbon build-up
- Vacuum Leak from/to Turbocharger (Wastegate) Actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
- Check/Replace Fuses
- Check Wiring and/or Connections from/to Vane Position Sensor (G581)
- Check Vane Position Sensor (G581)
- Perform Ohm Test
- Check Mechanical Turbocharger Operation
- Rule out binging and excessive Carbon build-up
- Check Vacuum Supply from/to Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) and Turbocharger (Wastegate) Actuator
- This fault code may be caused when the Actual and Specified Turbocharger requests are considered Implausible by the engine controller.
When this fault is found in the NAR Market 2.0L CR TDI:
- Measuring Block Group 034.2 (specified) and 034.3 (actual) G581 Vane Position Sensor values can be logged to see if the fields should mirror each other or deviate to confirm a problem.
- NAR market vehicles that had TPI 2025464 | TSB 21-11-01 -or- the latest TPI 2025464/5 | TSB 21-13-01 completed to prevent no-start conditions in cold weather caused by a frozen intercooler may want to see this thread.