From Ross-Tech Wiki
P2568 - Sensor for Ozone Reducing Radiator Identification: Implausible Signal
- Incorrect/wrong ID from the G611-Radiator Identification Sensor
- Possible tapering or attempting to bypass the PremAir® system
- Verify installation of G611-Radiator Identification Sensor on radiator.
- Sensor can not be removed, doing so will cause intentional sensor damage.
- The G611 communicates to the ECM via LIN-Bus, the sensor's unique ID (encrypted) and temperature.
- There are no Measuring Value Block for this information.
- Currently, the G611-Radiator Identification Sensor is not available separately, it comes with a new radiator when ordered from the vehicle's manufacture. The sensor will need to be attached to the radiator with AMV-195-KD1-01 adhesive, See Volkswagen Tech Tip 19-12-01 for more information.
- The cooling surface of the radiator on some Volkswagen/Audi Group vehicles is coated with a catalyst that helps reduce Ozone, The G611 sensor monitors this function and is part of the federal emissions control of these vehicles which allows the manufacture to receive EPA 'credits'.
- This technology is called PremAir®, see the BASF web site for more information.