From Ross-Tech Wiki
U0212 - Steering Column Control Module: No Communication
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Cruise control system (CCS) warning light ON
- Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty
- Check Official Factory Repair Information for applicable TSB/TPIs
- Incorrect CCS type enabled
- When found in the RoW market VW Tiguan (5N) with ECM part numbers 03C-906-027-AB and 03C-906-027-CD see TPI # 2024168/1 for a flash update to correct this DTC.
- On all other models, confirm the correct CCS type is enabled. The Checking Cruise Control using Measuring Values should be helpful.
- In some cases this DTC may be the end result of retrofitting CCS -or- an actual communication issue with the Steering Wheel Control Module. If in doubt, run a complete Auto-Scan to see which control modules are installed and communicating.
- In other cases this DTC may be resolved by deactivating and reactivating CCS.
- When found in a MLB based chassis vehicle even though Address 16 is communicating directly make sure ALL fused powers to J527 are OK. The example here may be helpful: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?22543-Audi-A4-B8-Steering-Angle-sensor-no-signal-(G85)