Immobilizer II Key Matching (Cluster)
This procedure details how to match new keys to VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda vehicles with Immobilizer II, where the immobilizer control module is integrated in the instrument cluster. For help determining which Immobilizer system is in each vehicle and for applicable procedures for other types of Immobilizer, go to the general Immobilizer page.
- While adapting each key, make sure to place the other keys away from the ignition lock (reader coil). The passenger seat is an adequate place.
- You must have all of the keys you intend to be able to use, including the valet key if you have one.
- Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
[17 - Instruments]
[Login - 11]
- 4-digit PIN
- Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
- [Do It!]
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 21 in "Channel Number".
The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched.
Enter a "new value" corresponding to the total number of keys to be matched, including any existing keys.
Any old keys are automatically being cleared. All keys, including existing keys, must be matched at the same time.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
- Repeat the following steps until all Keys have been matched:
- Switch Ignition OFF and remove Key.
- Insert the next Key and switch Ignition ON.
- The Immobilizer Warning Light will light up for ~2 seconds, wait until it goes out, indicating that the key has been matched.
Note: The above steps must be completed within 60 seconds after saving the Adaptation!
Immobilizer Gen 2 and 3 Key Adaptation