Immobilizer II Key Matching (Cluster)
This procedure details how to match new keys to VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda vehicles with Immobilizer II, where the immobilizer control module is integrated in the instrument cluster. For help determining which Immobilizer system is in each vehicle and for applicable procedures for other types of Immobilizer, go to the general Immobilizer page.
- While adapting each key, make sure to place the other keys away from the ignition lock (reader coil). The passenger seat is an adequate place.
- Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
[17 - Instruments]
[Login - 11]
There are 2 possibilities how to enter a PIN, choose the one that applies for you.
- 4-digit PIN
- Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
- 7-digit PIN
- [Use 7-digit PIN/SKC]
- Enter the 7-digit PIN, Date on which the PIN was generated by the dealer, along with the Workshop Code (WSC) and the Importer number of the dealer that generated the code.
- VCDS will validate the data you have entered and return you to the Login screen, where the Login Code will show as "XXXXX".
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 21 in "Channel Number".
The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched.
Enter a "new value" corresponding to the total number of keys to be matched, including any existing keys.
The old keys are automatically being cleared.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
- Repeat the following steps until all Keys have been matched:
- Switch Ignition OFF and remove Key.
- Insert the next Key and switch Ignition ON.
- The Immobilizer Warning Light will light up for ~2 seconds, wait until it goes out.
Note: The above steps after saving the adaptation, should not exceed 60 seconds!