Difference between revisions of "P0088"
From Ross-Tech Wiki
(Created page with "== P0088 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High == ==== Possible Symptoms ==== * Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON * High pitched whining noise from engine when idling....")
Latest revision as of 12:38, 16 January 2020
P0088 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- High pitched whining noise from engine when idling.
- Fault with the G247-Rail Fuel Pressure Sensor, wiring, connections, etc.
- Fault with the N276-Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve, power, ground, connections, etc.
- Fault with the N290- Fuel Metering Valve (If applicable)
- Engine timing chain worn/stretched. (Only some 2006 to 2009 3.6L gasoline engines- See Special Notes)
- Check the Advanced Measuring Values for Rail pressures
- Check power supply at the N276-Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve/N290- Fuel Metering Valve
- Check the G247-Rail Fuel Pressure Sensor
- * When found in 2006 to 2009 Volkswagen Passat, Passat CC and Touareg with 3.6L gasoline engines:
- Check MVB group  and  with engine idling, if [8 degrees(+/-)] or more the engine is considered out of time.
- NAR (North American Region) users can see VW Tech Tip [01-16-05] for exact repair details.
- RoW (Rest of World) users may find TPI 2040216/1 helpful.
- When found in gas models with a remote battery such as the Q7, P0088 may be stored due to voltage drop issues. TSB 2025746 applies to the NAR market.
- With the 1.8L/2.0L engines, if fault code P0016 - Bank 1: Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)/Engine Speed Sensor (G28): Incorrect Correlation is also stored, please use this Ross-Tech forum page to verify engine timing is correct.