From Ross-Tech Wiki
Revision as of 15:30, 4 December 2020 by Peter (Created page with "== P11AA/004522 - Cam Adjustment Actuator A; Cylinder 3: Implausible Signal == ==== Possible Symptoms ==== * Possible loss of power, due to AVS (Audi Valve Lift System)...")
P11AA/004522 - Cam Adjustment Actuator A; Cylinder 3: Implausible Signal
- Possible loss of power, due to AVS (Audi Valve Lift System) default position affecting lower (1000~3100 RPM) torque curve
- All non affected actuators are switched to the Large Valve Lift position.
- Fault code entry without EPC or Check Engine lights due to no deterioration of Exhaust Emissions
- Wiring and/or connections (short circuit?)
- Voltage supply failure to the Cam Adjustment Actuators
- Faulty Engine Control Module
- Check wiring and connections
- Check for battery voltage at Cam Adjustment Actuators
- Check Engine Control Module with [Output tests]
- See the Ross-Tech forum post: - Case Study: P11A7 00 - Audi Valve Lift System - E888 engines
- This Fault code is for the F370-Control element (5) for camshaft adjustment, Cylinder 
- AVS system function when coolant temperature is above 14°F (–10°C).
- Maximum of 3.0 amperes for each Cam Adjustment Actuator