From Ross-Tech Wiki
02914 - Sensor 1 for Trunk/Hatch Closed (G525)
02914 - Sensor 1 for Trunk/Hatch Closed (G525): Open or Short to Plus
- Tailgate open warning active on dash
- Rear tailgate lamps not operating
- Hatch Closed switch G525 unplugged or faulty
- Power or ground supply issue to Hatch Closed switch G525
- Confirm connection issues are not present
- Test/replace Hatch Closed switch G525
- When found in the Audi Q5 or Audi Q7 after repairs in the rear of the vehicle verify the G525 and G526 sensors are plugged in. These can be found in the repair manual but the trim surrounding the striker for the rear hatch should contain both switches.
- This fault is typically stored in conjunction with 02915 after trailer hitch retrofits and rear bumper repairs/removal.
- When found in models such as the Audi A1 (8X) or Audi Q3 (8U/FS) with PQ35 BCM, make sure G525 is connected and properly installed. Measuring Block data is discussed Here