From Ross-Tech Wiki
16485/P0101/000257 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70): Implausible Signal
- Loss of Power
- Erratic Idle
- Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
- Air Leak(s) after Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
- Intake Air Filter dirty/faulty
- Ground Spots corroded or Paint Residue
- Wiring and/or Connections from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faulty
- Check Intake Air Filter
- Check Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
- Check Ground Spots
- Check Wiring and/or Connections from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
- In MY 1995-2002 (?) in Europe at VW-diesel-cars G70 had the bad reputation of slowly losing his performance, causing loss of power. It's not a matter of defective or breaking down, but it is filthy / dirty (not easy to clean). You can check functionality by making a log in [01-engine], [meas.blocks-08], group 003 (3e gear, full throttle, from 1700-4000rpm)
- It is not uncommon for a TDI to set Implausible Signal Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70) faults when the engine performance is reduced due to a mechanical problem. These mechanical problems may include, but are not limited to:
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this site is Copyright © 2000-2010 by Ross-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
"VCDS" is a Registered Trademark of Ross-Tech, LLC.
Ross-Tech is not affiliated with the Volkswagen Group in any way.