From Ross-Tech Wiki
16486/P0102/000258 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70): Signal too Low
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Loss of Power
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70) faulty
- Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70) faulty
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70)
- Check/Replace Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF/G70)
- In MY 1995-2002 (?) in Europe at VW-diesel-cars G70 had the bad reputation of slowly losing his performance, causing loss of power. It's not a matter of defective or breaking down, but it is filthy / dirty (not easy to clean). You can check functionality by making a log in [01-engine], [meas.blocks-08], group 003 (3e gear, full throttle, from 1700-4000rpm)
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this site is Copyright © 2000-2010 by Ross-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
"VCDS" is a Registered Trademark of Ross-Tech, LLC.
Ross-Tech is not affiliated with the Volkswagen Group in any way.