From Ross-Tech Wiki
16985/P0601/001537 - Internal Control Module: Memory Check Sum Error
- Engine Control Unit (ECU) defective
- Flash ROM (used in aftermarket "chips") defective
- Low Voltage
- Replace ECU
- Contact aftermarket chiptuner for repair of their chip
- Check and test Battery and Charging system
- When found in 1.8T:
- When found in 2.0l TFSI (BPJ, BPY, BWA, BWJ, BYK), check/update Engine Control Module Software Version
- Audi A3 (8P), A4 (8E/8H) or Audi A6 (4F):
- North American Region (NAR): TSB 2017905/24-08-82
- Rest of World (RoW): Campaign 24H8 (2013846) or TPI 2012760
- Seat Altea (5P) or Leon (1P), see Campaign 24S1 (2014557).
- Skoda Octavia (1Z), see Campaign 24K5 (2014942).
- Volkswagen Models:
- Rest of World (RoW): TPI 2014494
- North American Region (NAR): TSB 2014077/01-09-18 or 24M2/O3 RVU (may be covered under warranty)
- When found in Audi V8 and V10 FSI engines see TSBs:
- Pass-Thru TSB # 24-08-31 (2017905/1)
- Audi TSB # 24-08-82 (2017905/4)
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this site is Copyright © 2000-2010 by Ross-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
"VCDS" is a Registered Trademark of Ross-Tech, LLC.
Ross-Tech is not affiliated with the Volkswagen Group in any way.