From Ross-Tech Wiki
17087/P0703/001795 - Brake Switch (F): Electrical Malfunction
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Brake Switch (F) faulty
- Brake Switch (F) faulty
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Brake Switch (F)
- Check/Replace Brake Switch (F)
- When found in Vehicles with Drive-by-Cable (DBC) the Brake Switch (F) is connected to the Transmission Control Module. On older Models this Code is stored automatically after Terminal 15/Ignition is switched ON. If the Brake Switch (F) is OK you can avoid this Fault Code by pressing the Brake Pedal after switching on the Ignition and prior to checking Fault Codes. The Code should automatically be cleared then.
- When found in Vehicles with Drive-by-Wire (DBW) the Brake Switch (F) is connected to the Engine Control Module In this case you should check the Engine Control Module for Fault Codes as well and the Data Bus Wiring between Engine and Transmission Control Module.