From Ross-Tech Wiki
17704/P1296/004758 - Error in Mapped Cooling System
- Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62) faulty
- Coolant Thermostat faulty
- Check Coolant Temperature Sensor (G62)
- Check Coolant Thermostat
- Check the stored Freeze Frame data with this fault code. Freeze Frame information will be found in the fault code description (if the module supports it) or in Generic OBD-II if the vehicle complies with those regulations.
- Freeze Frame data stored at -40 °C is generally an indication of a faulty ECT or wiring.
- Freeze Frame data stored at +140 °C is generally an indication of a faulty ECT or wiring.
- Freeze Frame data stored with in the 60-80 °C range is an indication that the vehicle was close to, but not within, the cooling systems normal operation range. The Thermostat itself or Cooling system components may be at fault.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this site is Copyright © 2000-2010 by Ross-Tech LLC. All rights reserved.
"VCDS" is a Registered Trademark of Ross-Tech, LLC.
Ross-Tech is not affiliated with the Volkswagen Group in any way.