From Ross-Tech Wiki
18434/P2002/008194 - Particle Filter Bank 1: Malfunction
- Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) active
- Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450) faulty
- Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) faulty
- Check/Replace Exhaust Pressure Sensor (G450)
- Diesel Particle Filter (DPF)
- Perform Emergency Regeneration (Refer to Specifications!)
- Check/Replace Diesel Particle Filter (DPF)
- Skoda Superb (3U) & VW Passat (3B) (Engine Codes: BGW, BSS, BWW) had issues with faulty Exhaust Pressure Sensors (G450), they were defective from factory and due to a leaking sealing the measured values were incorrect and resultet in wrong calculated particle filter load and unsuccessful regeneration cycles.
- With CBEA and CJAA engines, the factory documentation may show the wrong part location for the Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 (G450). This sensor is in a foil pouch just behind the oil cap.