From Ross-Tech Wiki
18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Power Loss
- Intake Manifold Flap faulty
- Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) stuck/faulty
- Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty
- Check Intake Manifold Flap
- Check/Replace Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
- Perform Output Tests/Basic Setting
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
- In some Cases the Issue can only be resolved by Replacing the whole Intake Manifold.
- The Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) and Manifold Runner Position Sensor (G336) may be Part of the same Unit.
- When found in a VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 1.9l PD-TDI (BRM), check Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Version:
- 03G-906-016-AB @ 7328 or 7550 as well as 03G-906-016-AC @ 7280 or 7551 do have a Software Error which requires a special Adaptation for the Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) which at this Point can only be performed with the Factory Tool.
- This page describes a Basic Settings for some 2.0T gasoline engines: 2.0l_TFSI_(AXX/BGB/BPJ/BPY/BWA)#Intake_Manifold_Runner
- When found in North America Audi vehicles check Technical Service Bulletin number: 2044003
- This TSB addresses possible issues with the N316 - Intake Manifold Flap Valve