VCDS will display a coding chart a pop-up balloon while connected to the vehicle.
Add the sum of the options to configure the correct coding.
Channel 021: Remote Control Matching
[35 - Centr. Locks]
[Adaptation - 10]
- Choose the memory position you want the new key be matched on by entering it's number (e.g. "3" for memory position 3). Make sure to TYPE IN the number instead of scrolling up to it, otherwise you will not be able to click [Test].
- Now press any button on the remote you want to match.
- The meas. block field above will change from Not Recogn. to Recognized.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Note: You can check the current memory positions using Meas. Block 007.
The 4B platform comfort system module has assigned positions, like parking spots 1, 2, 3 and 4, for each remote. This is critical when matching new remotes.
- If you are having problems with the Remote Control Matching, please pay special attention to the instructions above:
- Make sure to TYPE IN the number instead of scrolling up to it, otherwise you will not be able to click [Test].
- If Adaptation Channel 21 is not available the control module does NOT support matching remotes with VCDS (or any scan tool). In those cases the remote matching procedure as per the Repair Manual and/or vehicle Owner's Manual will need to be completed.
- In those cases, Measuring Block group 007 can still be used to verify the positions.