From Ross-Tech Wiki
P048A/001162 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve 1: Stuck Closed
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Fuse(s) faulty
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Pressure Flap Control Module (J883) faulty
- Exhaust Pressure Flap Control Module (J883) faulty
- Check Fuse(s)
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Pressure Flap Control Module (J883)
- Check/Replace Exhaust Pressure Flap Control Module (J883)
- Perform Output Test/Basic Setting/Adaptation when applicable
- When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
- This Fault Code may show up in combination or shortly after flashing the Engine Control Module.
- Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Valve Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding. Water in the exhaust system causes the flap motor to rust at the pivot points and these replacement modules have been revised several times in the parts catalog. See TSB # 26-12-08 -or- TPI# 2031583 for NAR market vehicles.
- Most of these NAR CR-TDI engines support Basic Settings of the J883 component and this is advised after replacement. When connected to the vehicle with VCDS select the applicable basic settings from the menu with the vehicle at idle, click GO and On/Off/Next. The self test may take up to two minutes to complete and the baseline information in this thread may be helpful. Registered customers can email us directly for further Information.