From Ross-Tech Wiki
P242F/009263 - Diesel Particulate Filter (Bank 1): Restricted/Clogged
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) restricted/clogged
- Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) faulty
- Check Engine related Fault Codes / Problems
- Check Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) Load
- Perform Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) Service Regeneration
- When found in VW Crafter (2E): 2.5l CR-TDI Engine (BJJ, BJK, BJL, BJM):
- Depending on the Model Year and/or if the Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) has been replaced already, different Generations of the Filter may be installed. If in doubt, check the Filter Part Number. Generation 2 (DPF2) were 2E0-254-700-E and 2E0-254-700-F, while Generation 3 (DPF3) were 2E0-254-700-G/GX.
- Check Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Level and installed Diesel Particle Filter (DPF) Part Number/Generation. Information on the latest Software Versions can be found in TPI 2020740 (DPF2) and TPI 2020722 (DPF3).
- When Replacing a DPF2 with DPF3, the Engine Control Module (ECM) Software Version must be updated as well. Operating a DPF2 with DPF3 Software or vice versa will damage the DPF. For Details see TPI 2015609.
- If the Vehicle is used mainly for Short Trip/Distance Driving (for Example as a Delivery Truck), consider applying the special Short Trip/Distance Software as described in TPI 2018140.