From Ross-Tech Wiki
U102F/053295 - Fan Identification Sensor: No Communications
- Wiring, connections concerns or faulty G611-Radiator Identification Sensor
- Correct wiring, connection concerns or replace failed G611-Radiator Identification Sensor (w/radiator).
- Currently, the G611-Radiator Identification Sensor is not available separately, it comes with a new radiator when ordered from the vehicle's manufacture. The sensor will need to be attached to the radiator with AMV-195-KD1-01 adhesive, See Volkswagen Tech Tip 19-12-01 for more information.
- The cooling surface of the radiator on some Volkswagen/Audi Group vehicles is coated with a catalyst that helps reduce Ozone, The G611 sensor monitors this function and is part of the federal emissions control of these vehicles which allows the manufacture to receive EPA 'credits'.
- This technology is called PremAir®, see the BASF web site for more information.
- Note: The fault code 'U1030-LIN bus inactive' may also be present,this should clear when the U102F fault has been corrected.