- Make sure to have all Doors unlocked, otherwise this Control Module may not communicate with VCDS!
- The Comfort System known from earlier Models has been integrated with the Central Electronics / Body Control Module (BCM) and is no longer available as a separate Address/Module. All related Diagnostics/Settings have to be performed via Central Electronics / Body Control Module (BCM).
- The Door Electronics Modules known from earlier Models have been integrated with the Central Electronics / Body Control Module (BCM) as sub-systems and are no longer available as separate Address/Modules. All related Diagnostics/Settings have to be performed via Central Electronics / Body Control Module (BCM). In the NAR Market this configuration can be identified with PR Code: AW0 Version (low)
- The Steering Wheel Electronics Module known from earlier Models is no longer installed. On vehicles with a Multi-Function Steering Wheel (MFSW) , the sub-system module is available for related Diagnostics/Settings. In the NAR Market this configuration can be identified with PR Code: AW0 Version (low)
- Coding information is found using the Long Coding Helper while connected to the vehicle with VCDS.
- When replacing a module it is critical to save the original coding and transfer it to the new module.
The complete list of Adaptation Channels are documented while connected to the vehicle with VCDS. The most common channels are noted below for common repair reference:
Channel 000: Remote Control Clearing
- This Adaptation Channel is used to clear all matched Remote Controls.
Note: If the vehicle uses a KESSY (Address; 05-Acc/Start Auth. control module) please see the first Channel 001 note!
Channel 001: Remote Control Matching
- Start Matching new/additional Remote Controls by entering 0, then Test and Save the New Value.
- Press and hold the Unlock button for at least one second on the Remote Control you want to add, the Blinkers will light up to confirm the Adaptation Process of each Remote Control.
- If matching several remotes the one in the ignition during the adaptation may be the only one that confirms with the blinkers. If this is the case, repeat the process after swapping the key used in the ignition to match the next one.
- Adaptation Channel 001 may not be applicable to a BCM installed in a KESSY (Address; 05-Acc/Start Auth. control module) equipped vehicle. If Channel 001 is not available, the vehicle key, (with integrated or non-removable remote) should be automatically matched when performing Immobilizer 4+ matching. We do not have a procedure for this configuration and recommend Dealer matching if Immobilizer and Pass-Thru options are not available.
- If the new remote(s) will not adapt to the module it may be necessary to clear all old remotes using the Remote Control Clearing procedure.
- If the Central Locking is not working properly and the new remote(s) will not adapt to the module make sure Factory Mode is deactivated as described below. Factory Mode is only applicable to New modules
- If problems are encountered with this procedure registered customers can contact us directly. Please send the complete Auto-Scan with the repair history details.
Channel 099: Factory Mode
Factory Mode is usually active when a newly delivered Control Module is being installed. To enable all Functions of the new Control Module Factory Mode has to be disabled. Once it has been disabled it cannot be enabled again.
- When Factory Mode is enabled the doors will not lock and unlock properly and remotes may not program.
This Replacement procedure applies to PQ25 (BCM25) BCM vehicles without a KESSY (05-Acc/Start Auth.) module.
- Make sure all vehicle remotes are present.
- Run and save a complete Auto-Scan and save it prior to module removal. See the Online Manual Auto-Scan.
- Code the 19-CAN Gateway module with the Long Coding from the original module found in the Auto-Scan.
- Configure the 19-CAN Gateway module using the [Installation List] function in VCDS per the original Auto-Scan.
- Code the replacement 09-Cent. Elect. (BCM) module with the Long Coding from the original module found in the Auto-Scan.
- Disable Factory Mode
- Remote Control Matching
- Clear all fault codes and verify all comfort functions and lighting is working as per design.
Registered customers can contact us directly via email for assistance. Every inquiry on this topic must include a full Auto-Scan as well as which parts have been replaced and why.