From Ross-Tech Wiki
16706/P0322/000802 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal
- Engine shuts off
- Engine doesn't start
- Tachometer / Rev Counter inoperative
- Glow Plug Indicator Lamp (K29) flashes
- Engine Speed Sensor (G28) loose
- Engine Speed Sensor (G28) faulty
- Check Engine Speed Sensor (G28)
- The Engine Speed Sensor (G28) is also used as a reference sensor for the crankshaft position.
- Check the wiring to/from the sensor and engine control module to rule out harness and module damage due to engine oil or coolant from a failed sensor or tensioner. This is an example from a 2012 Tiguan with Coolant in the ECM which resulted in G28 DTCs in addition to intermittent stalling.