From Ross-Tech Wiki
16725/P0341/000833 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40): Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active
- Wiring from/to Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty
- Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty
- Timing misaligned
- Check Wiring from/to Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
- Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
- Check Timing
- When found in 2008 and newer VW 2.0T engine with a timing chain (example; CCTA and CBFA), please see:
- TT 01-15-08 for information about the intake camshaft, adjuster bridge and spool valve.
- Also see this thread if found in conjunction with P0016
- When found in a 2.7T (or similar V6/V8 engine) make sure the flex-plate (i.e. drive plate) is installed correctly after engine repairs. The 2.7T BEL will allow you to bolt the flex-plate on incorrectly resulting in 16730/P0346 and 16725/P0341/000833.