From Ross-Tech Wiki
18438/P2006/008198 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed, Bank 1
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduction of power at higher RPMs
- Vacuum leak
- Faulty Vacuum Solenoid (N316)
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor1 (G336)
- Intake Manifold Runner binding or sticking
- Replace failed vacuum lines or faulty vacuum solenoid (N316).
- Check Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor 1 (G336) and wiring, see repair manual.
- When found in 2005-2008 Audi A4 and A6 with BKH 3.2L FSI engines:
- Some vehicles may have a vacuum solenoid valve (N335 or V63) located under the air filter housing. Failure of this solenoid or the vacuum lines may cause insufficient vacuum and cause P2006,P2007 and P2070 fault codes.
- TSB 24-08-76, 01-14-76 or TPI 2019485 has some information on testing for vacuum leaks.
- When found in 2012-2016 Audi with 3.0 TFSI, please see TPI 2050329
- Vacuum operated water pump may draw excessive vacuum causing intake manifold flaps to malfunction. Updated vacuum hose for water pump.
- When found in 1.4 TSI engine code BWK, check N316. This is a photo of the faulty 2 wire vacuum operated solenoid valve which was causing this DTC. Part number: 03C 906 283