From Ross-Tech Wiki
18447/P2015/008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1): Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Power Loss
- Intake Manifold Flap faulty
- Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) stuck/faulty
- Engine Control Module Software/Firmware Version faulty
- Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157) faulty
- Check Intake Manifold Flap
- Check/Replace Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
- Perform Output Tests/Basic Setting
- Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Manifold Flap Motor (V157)
- In some cases the issue is being resolved by replacing the whole intake manifold.
- The V157 (Intake Flap Motor) and sensor G336 (Manifold Runner Position Sensor) are part of the same unit.
- Verify you have the latest version of the V157 unit and ECM firmware.
- VW (BRM 1.9L PD) TDI modules with the following SW (Software) part numbers are noted for issues:
- 03G-906-016-AB with internal firmware # 7328.
- 03G-906-016-AC with internal firmware # 7280.
- The Firmware may also be referred to as the SWL (Software Level). This can be determined using VCDS by looking at the details in the Component field.