From Ross-Tech Wiki
18502/P2070/008304 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (Bank 1): Stuck Open
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduction of power at higher RPMs
- Vacuum leak
- Faulty Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Position Sensor (G513)
- Intake Manifold Runner binding or sticking
- Replace failed vacuum line
- Check Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Position Sensor (G513) and wiring, see repair manual.
- When found in 2005-2008 Audi A4 and A6 with BKH 3.2L FSI engines:
- Some vehicles may have a vacuum solenoid (N335 or V63) located under the air filter housing. Failure of this solenoid or the vacuum lines may cause insufficient vacuum and cause P2006,P2007 and P2070 fault codes.
- TSB 24-08-76, 01-14-76 or TPI 2019485 has some information on testing for vacuum leaks.
- When found in 2012-2016 Audi with 3.0 TFSI, please see TPI 2050329
- Vacuum operated water pump may draw excessive vacuum causing intake manifold flaps to malfunction. Updated vacuum hose for water pump.