From Ross-Tech Wiki
18502/P2070/008304 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve (Bank 1): Stuck Open
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduction of power at higher RPMs
- Vacuum leak
- Faulty Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Position Sensor (G513)
- Intake Manifold Runner binding or sticking
- Replace failed vacuum line
- Check Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Position Sensor (G513) and wiring, see repair manual.
- When found in 2005-2008 Audi A4 and A6 with BKH 3.2L FSI engines, please see TSB 24-08-76 (TPI 2019485)
- If the ports on the intake manifold (which supply intake flap/ tuning valve solenoids) have insufficient vacuum, make sure the solenoid under the air filter housing isn't broken/leaking. This can cause a leak in the circuit connected to the mechanical vacuum pump on the right cylinder head resulting in P2006,P2007 and P2070.
- When found in 2012-2016 Audi with 3.0 TFSI, please see TPI 2050329
- Vacuum operated water pump may draw excessive vacuum causing intake manifold flaps to malfunction. Updated vacuum hose for water pump.