18995/P2563/009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit: Implausible Signal
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) ON
- Power Loss
- Wiring and/or Connections from/to Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
- Engine Control Module (ECM) faulty
- Vane Position Sensor (G581) faulty
- Binding Issues due to Adjustment/Turbocharger
- Excessive Carbon build-up
- Vacuum Leak from/to Turbocharger (Wastegate) Actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
- Check/Replace Fuses
- Check Wiring and/or Connections from/to Vane Position Sensor (G581)
- Check Vane Position Sensor (G581)
- Perform Ohm Test
- Check Mechanical Turbocharger Operation
- Rule out binging and excessive Carbon build-up
- Check Vacuum Supply from/to Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) and Turbocharger (Wastegate) Actuator
- This fault code may be caused when the Actual and Specified Turbocharger requests are considered Implausible by the engine controller.
When this fault is found in the NAR Market 2.0L CR TDI:
- Measuring Block Group 034.2 (specified) and 034.3 (actual) G581 Vane Position Sensor values can be logged to see if the fields should mirror each other or deviate to confirm a problem.
- NAR market vehicles that had TPI 2025464 | TSB 21-11-01 -or- the latest TPI 2025464/5 | TSB 21-13-01 completed to prevent no-start conditions in cold weather caused by a frozen intercooler may want to see this thread.
When this fault is found in 3rd Generation VW EA888 engine such as the 2014+ Golf 6 based 1.8T/2.0T, Golf 7 and 7.5 based 1.8T/2.0T (additionally many of the 2016+ Audi EA888 based Generation 3 MLBevo) engines after wastegate repair kit installation verify the actual position is within the specified range. The easiest way to identify the 3rd Gen engine is based on the fully electric (no vacuum control) wastegate with repair kits available based on VIN at the dealer.
The following Advanced Measuring Value groups should be helpful:
- Actual position: [*IDE00396*] Charge air pressure actuator: acknowledgment
- Rest stop specified position: [*IDE03934*] Charge pressure actuator: adaptation for lower stop
- End stop specified position: [*IDE03935*] Charge air pressure actuator: adaptation for upper stop
IDE00396 needs to be very near IDE03934 when the engine is off and the rod is adjusted properly. If it is within specification Basic Settings [*IDE04304*] Initial adaptation of charge-air pressure actuator should finish correctly with the key on and engine off.