Difference between revisions of "Audi CAN Gateway using CAN protocol"
(Created page with "__FORCETOC__ This page applies to MLB based Address '''19-CAN Gateway''' modules using the CAN protocol. * It was initially installed in MLB based models such as the Audi '''A...")
Revision as of 11:35, 28 July 2020
This page applies to MLB based Address 19-CAN Gateway modules using the CAN protocol.
- It was initially installed in MLB based models such as the Audi A4 (8K), A5 (8T) and Q5 (8R).
- When models such as the A6 (4F) and Q7 (4L) were facelifted (in roughly mid 2008) Audi began installing this generation control module into those vehicles.
- The easiest way to identify if a A6 or Q7 from this era has the newer configuration is to confirm Battery Management was interrogated into the 19-CAN Gateway based on the Component: GW-BEM
- The information on this page does NOT apply to pre-facelift A6 or Q7 models using a separate 61-Battery Manager control module.
There were several revisions over the years but the installed CAN Gateway can be identified by evaluating the data in the Auto-Scan. The Component field will include GW-BEM:
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels: 4F0-907-468.CLB Part No SW: 4F0 907 468 F HW: 4F0 907 468 F Component: GW-BEM 4CAN-M H06 0024
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels: 8T0-907-468.clb Part No SW: 8T0 907 468 T HW: 8T0 907 468 K Component: GW-BEM 4CAN-M H09 0105
Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels: 8T0-907-468.clb Part No SW: 8R0 907 468 P HW: 8R0 907 468 D Component: GW-BEM 5CAN-M H11 0060
Beneath the master module details the LIN slave information Component: J367-BDM will be shown as well when coding is correct and everything is communicating properly.
- Note, alternator/charging system problems can occur when the module is coded incorrectly. In some instances 03041 - Energy Management Active may be stored due to charging system problems related to incorrect coding.
Because Coding does not cover the installed control modules it is necessary to use the [Installation List] function when adding a module. This necessary when retrofitting a Trailer module (or similar) to the vehicle.
Documented Adaptation channels are available in the form of a drop-down menu when connected to the vehicle with VCDS.
- Battery Coding is the most common Adaptation function. See the 19-CAN Gateway using CAN section on the Battery Replacement page.
Refer to the above mentioned Battery Replacement page.
Component Protection can only be learned/disabled using the Factory Tool in Combination with an online Connection with GeKo access. This can be completed online at the dealer or by using a Pass-Thru (J2534) device per the notes on our Official Factory Repair Information page.