Cruise Control Retrofitting (8X)
Official Retrofitting Kit
The Official Retrofitting Kits are available through Audi directly but you can also source the Parts separately. Depending on the Options of the Car a different Kit has to be used.
- Cars without Board Computer should use 8X0-054-690
- Cars with Board Computer should use 8X0-054-690-A
Steering Column Control Module
There are different types of steering column control modules, the type is depending on several individual options so we have compiled a list of available part numbers for you. If a part number is not listed, registered VCDS users may post in our forum to ask for help with this topic.
Installation & Wiring
Additional Information can be found in the Repair Manuals, the Wiring Diagrams, the Parts Catalog and/or the Instructions included in the Retrofitting Kit.
- Install proper Cruise Control Switch/Lever
- Install proper Bottom Steering Column Cover, see Parts Catalog 953-50 Pos. 10 for Details.
- If necessary Replace the Steering Column Control Module (J527), see Requirements above for Details.
- Update Steering Column Control Module (J527 / #16) Coding.
- Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be shown once you access the Coding Function using VCDS.
- Update the Engine Control Module (J623 / #01) Coding.
- Make sure that the Engine is NOT running, otherwise the new Coding will be rejected. Models equipped with Start/Stop System do have a Shutoff Switch/Button which will deactivate the Start/Stop Function.
- As a Rule of Thumb, if the Engine Control Module uses a Short Coding the Activation is being done using Coding-II. If the Engine Control Module uses a Long Coding the Activation is done in (Long) Coding itself. Please also note that there are different Coding Variants for Long Coding.
- Due to different Control Modules and Equipment in the Car the actual Coding Table is not shown here but will automatically be used by the Long Coding Assistant once you access the Function using VCDS.
If you are having trouble finding/calculating the proper Coding using the Long Coding Assist please post in our forum. Make sure to include a complete Diagnostic Protocol (Auto-Scan) from the Car and state which steps/work you have performed yet.