Difference between revisions of "P310B/012555"
From Ross-Tech Wiki
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 12:00, 13 November 2013
P310B/012555 - Low Pressure Fuel regulation: Fuel Pressure Outside Specification
- MIL On
- Reduced power
- Faulty Fuel Pressure Sensor (G410)
- Wiring Harness for Fuel Pressure Sensor (G410)
- Replace Fuel Pressure Sensor (G410)
- Repair Damaged Wiring
- When found in VW "FSI" Direct Injection engines, may also have DTC P129F/004767. Can be caused by a faulty G410 sensor. See TSB 01-07-69 or 01-11-11 (TPI 2016182) for more information on testing and updated part numbers.
- When found in VW "FSI" Direct Injection engines, may also have DTCs P129F, P008B, P129E, P008A, P2540 and/or P0087. See TSB 01-11-28 (TPI 2027458) for information which is similar to the first noted TSB.
- The G410 Fuel Pressure Sensor has a VW Warranty Extension in the US market due to premature failure. Regardless of the vehicle brand, contact the local dealer with the full VIN to see if warranty extensions, recalls or RVU (required vehicle updates) apply.
- When found in Audi 2.0T "FSI" Direct Injection engines, may also have DTCs P129F/004767, P2293 and/or P0087. See TSB 24-08-58 (TPI 2017356/2) for more information on testing and updated part numbers.
- When found on Direct Injection engines, such as the 2.0T, in combination with system too lean or similar faults indicating a vacuum leak address the cause of those first. Common fault codes are found here
- When this fault is stored after all of the typical failure items have been replaced or tested, verify the electric fuel pump and/or FPCM (Fuel Pump Control Module) is operating properly. Low fuel pressure or volume may be the end result of a fuel supply problem including an incorrect fuel filter when the pressure regulator is integral.
- When found on FSI engines, MVB 106.2 shows the duty cycle of the lift pump, this value should be below 70%. The higher the number, the more the lift pump has to run to maintain fuel pressure to the High Pressure Fuel Pump.
- This video may be helpful:
- We have had several reports where the intank Lift Pump was replaced with an "OE" unit from a 3rd party supplier and still have issues. Our suggestion is to purchase a proper OE unit from the dealer's parts department.