VW Touareg (7L) Headlight Aim Control (Xenon with AFS)
This page applies to 7L Touareg models with AFS. The following example is from a 2009 Touareg:
Address 55: Headlight Range Labels: 7L6-907-357-A.lbl Part No SW: 7L6 907 357 C HW: 7L6 907 357 C Component: AFS-Steuergeraet 0136 Coding: 1290371 Subsystem 1 - Part No: 7L6 941 329 B Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul l 0004 Coding: 00000019 Subsystem 2 - Part No: 7L6 941 329 B Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul r 0004 Coding: 00000019
This control module supports conventional short coding. When VCDS is connected to the control module a coding chart should appear in a pop-up balloon.
When replacing the 55-Headlight Range control module the original factory coding should be used. If the original coding is not known each coding inquiry has to be configured per vehicle based on the complete Auto-Scan and vehicle repair history. Registered Customers can email directly.
[55 - Xenon Range]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Activate the Basic Setting.
- The meas. block field now shows "Wait" and should switch to "Adjust Headlights" then (this may take up to 10 seconds).
- Adjust the headlights using their manual adjusting screws as referenced against a suitable aiming target.
The adjustment should now be learned.
[Done, Go Back]
Don't forget to check/clear fault codes afterwards.
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
- When fault code: 01042-Control Module; Not Coded is stored in conjunction with one or more of the AFS lamps lacking I.D. with the text "fehlt" this fault is normal. Both Sub-system (Slave) AFS modules must be online and communicating before Coding -or- Basic Settings can be completed. The following DTCs may be stored when this problem is present:
- 02071 - Local Databus: Defective
- 02233 - Left Headlight Power Output Stage (J667): No Signal/Communication
- 02234 - Right Headlight Power Output Stage (J668): No Signal/Communication
- 02656 - Power Output Stage for Left Headlight (J667); Not Coded
- 02657 - Power Output Stage for Right Headlight (J668); Not Coded
The AFS modules (7L6-941-329-B) are communicating properly in this example:
Subsystem 1 - Part No: 7L6 941 329 B Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul l 0004 Coding: 00000019 Subsystem 2 - Part No: 7L6 941 329 B Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul r 0004 Coding: 00000019
The AFS modules are Not communicating properly in this example:
Subsystem 1 - Part No: ID-L fehlt Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul l .... Coding: 00000255 Subsystem 2 - Part No: 7L6 941 329 B Component: AFS-Lst.-Modul r 0004 Coding: 00000019
The Coding cannot be changed in the above example. The cause of the fehlt / missing message for the left light must be corrected first. This includes Fuses, Power, Ground, Wiring Problems, Wiring Connectors plugged into the wrong locations and the actual AFS module(s).
- When fault code: 01042-Control Module; Not Coded alone is stored after AFS module / headlight control module replacement:
- Recode the master 55-Xenon Range module to the same value and cycle the key. The new slave module should automatically be coded.